NCSD Vision, Mission and Belief Statements
Students at the North Carolina School for the Deaf will thrive in an accessible, positive learning environment in which they will achieve proficiency in American Sign Language and English as well as achieve individual academic potential and become leaders in their communities.
Our mission at the North Carolina School for the Deaf, is to provide student centered, Standard-Based instruction to Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Our students are enabled and empowered to be lifelong learners and productive, contributing citizens to humanity.
At the North Carolina School for the Deaf, the following statements reflect our beliefs:
- We will treat each student with respect, dignity, and encouragement to support their unique pace and style of learning, growth, and development.
- We will provide our students with a safe, orderly, and nurturing environment that includes high expectations, instructional and functional supports, and state-approved curricula.
- We will use data-driven, research-based practices from the fields of Special Education, Deaf Education and General Education in an continuous improvement process.
- We will empower and support Staff to participate in continual professional development and education for optimal provision of services.
- We will provide opportunities for shared responsibility engagement by all stakeholders in the NCSD community to deliver a range of services to meet the needs of students across all disciplines.